Wednesday, May 17, 2017

My First Miette


To go with my vintage strawberry dress, I finally finished knitting this sweet little cardigan.

The pattern is "Miette" by Andi Satterlund.
The yarn is Knit Picks Gloss DK in the Cranberry colorway.

The original pattern calls for a cropped cardigan with some shaping to make it close fitting.  I made the cardigan longer and omitted the shaping, which results in a garment with some ease that flows along the lines of my body.


The simple lace carries around the neckline, along the button band, around each sleeve cuff, and again around the hem.  It's a pretty detail that adds interest to the cardigan without making it too difficult.  I think this is a great example of "less is more" ~ the tiny bit of lace framed by a stockinette body means the design really stands out.

I made the sleeves a bit shorter, as my intention is to wear this with summer dresses.  Plus I liked the way the shorter sleeve visually balanced out the entire garment.

The fabric buttons are made from my leftover strawberry dress fabric.  These buttons did me in!  And they are so easy to make ~  a part of me wants to knit more cardigans just so I have an excuse to make more fabric buttons.

Cute as a button ~ har har.



No comments:

Post a Comment